View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kherzi

re: UK ISP Advice.

With me moving house at the end of this month, I'm thinking about changing my ISP.

I'm currently with Virgin and while the speed and no limits are totally awesome, the wireless won't work properly and drops connection every few minutes which ofcourse makes WoW unplayable unless its actually wired. I was wondering if this is a Virgin wide problem or could it possibly be my router, it's a netgear router but it is atleast 6 years old now.

I seriously doubt that the landlord of my new place will let me drill through the walls all over the house so I don't have to use the wireless so I was wondering if anyone from the UK does use wireless with success when playing WoW?

I've also read so far that Talktalk is a deffo no no when it comes to playing WoW so I'm wondering about BT if Virgin really won't work properly on wireless.

Any advice would be cool thanks Happy

Hey Kherzi, I've been using BT Infinity for a while which is pretty quick and I'm happy with it. I'm a firm believer in not using wireless for gaming though as it has a chance of adding lag or other issues so I'm afraid I can't really help you there.
Epiclipto
Officer

wireless has nothing to do with your ISP :P if your router drops the connection it means you have a bad send-recieve line. try a different router. pls im on virgin and playing wireless works, but i still play wired
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Onslaught Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: